A Windfall of Sailing Links
The exciting sport of sailing dates back thousands and thousands of years. Throughout history, sailboats have been used for industrial, commercial, and recreational purposes, and have undergone many structural changes. Whether for business or pleasure, sailing is a thrilling adventure that anyone can enjoy. These links are brought to you by Action Donation Services® who processes the boat and yacht donations for some of America’s finest charities:
Sailing Groups and Organizations
- International Sailing Federation: International group that governs the bylaws of the sailing world.
- US Sailing: National organization that instructs and enables sailors to enjoy their passion.
- Sail America: Group that supports the sailing and sailing product industry.
- Inland Lake Yachting Association: Organization for those interested in yachting and sailing on lakes.
- American Sailing Association: The leading group on sailing schools and instruction.
- American Boat and Yacht Council: The regulation-making body for the boating industry.
- Sailing Magazine: Leading source of current sailing news and reviews.
- Sailnet: Large community of sailors featuring a sailing forum.
- Sailing Anarchy: Site full of information on sailboat racing.
- Mark Rosenstein’s Sailing Page: Extensive resource list with information on sailboats, maritime museums, and more.
- SAIL Magazine: Publication for the avid sailor.
- The Daily Sail: Ultimate resource for sailboat racers.
- Blue Water Sailing: Magazine devoted to pleasure sailing.
- Racing Basics: Everything you need to know about starting out with sailboat racing.
- Sailing World: Publication for those interested in sailboat racing.
History of Sailing
- Early Sailing Ships: Brief history of sailboats and other sailing ships.
- Sailboat History Timeline: Chronological timeline of important events in sailing history.
- History of Sailing Ships: Detailed history of the beginning and evolution of sailing.
- Ship Plans from the Smithsonian: Antique ship plans and a history of ships.
- History of Ships and Boats: Page geared towards children that outlines the history of boats.
- Boat Building Methods: Offers tutorials on how to build boats with a variety of woods and materials.
- Recreational Boat Building Industry: Site that offers tools, calculators, and information about building boats.
- Wooden Boat School: Long-established boat building and seamanship school.
- Great Lakes Boat Building School: Offers boat building classes in Michigan right on the Great Lakes.
- Northwest School of Wooden Boat Building: School of boat building located in Washington State.
- Arques School of Traditional Boatbuilding: California’s traditional boat building institution.
- Clark Craft: Boat building plans and supplies for all skill levels.
- Svenson’s Boat Plans: Free boat plans for a variety of boats.
- Boat Designs: Plans for sail, power, and rowboats.
- Merrell Watercraft: Resources and information on boat building and boat design.
- Sailing Test: Fun, educational quiz to test your sailing knowledge.
- Animated Knots: Complete guide to all kinds of knots, boating and otherwise.
- Sailing Terms: Definitions to some common sailing terms.
- Shanties and Sea Songs: Traditional sailing songs sung on the high seas.
- Sail Simulator: Free online sailing simulation.