Internet Resources for Non-Profits
Running a nonprofit organization requires a lot of resources and patience. The good news is that there are lots of organizations willing to help nonprofits get on their feet and prosper.
- Idealist: Resources to help you find everything from non-profit volunteers to campaigns and even non-profit speakers.
- NPRC: Provides guidelines about regulations that need to be followed when running or starting a non-profit organization. It also provides access and help with the forms.
- GuideStar: Encourages non-profit organizations to post their profiles so they can attract more attention and raise their profiles.
- CompassPoint Nonprofit Services: A list of useful FAQs from consulting to fundraising to funds management.
- Non-profit Support Center: Provides consulting and training to help non-profits.
- Non-profit Resource Guide: Detailed list of companies that serve non-profit organizations.
- FundServices: Director of non-profit fundraising programs, divided into categories depending on what a non-profit supports.
- US Grants: A list of the types of government grants available to non-profits.
- Council of Foundations: Includes over 2,000 grant-making foundations.
- COS Funding Opportunities: Here, you can search through over 400,000 funding opportunities.
- NPGuides: Lists companies and what they are typically willing to donate to non-profits.
- Corporate Funding Grants: A list of corporations that offer grants to non-profits.
- How to Start a Car, Boat, RV and Truck Donation Fundraising program.
- Jeffrey Byrne & Associates, Inc: Nationally recognized organization that is very effective in raising funds for non-profits.
- Center for Non-Profit Management: Offers information about non-profit management training as well as information about non-profit careers.
- Alliance Online: Professional organization dedicated to improving the management of non-profits.
- Support Center: Works with organizations to help train managers.
- Nonprofit Management Solutions: This organization is a provider of management training and information resources in California.
- Institute for Nonprofit Management: Supports certification programs free of charge.
- Management Help: Tips on management of nonprofit organizations.
Nonprofits and Technology
- TechSoup: Provides free technology information, resources, and support. It even offers technology products to nonprofits.
- Non-Profit Grants: Provides a list of grants available for technology-related funding and support tech training.
- Non-profit Technology Resources: A list of companies that do nonprofit technology work or offer technology support.
- Charity Focus: An organization that empowers nonprofits with web-based technical solutions at no charge.
- The W.K. Kellogg Foundation: The W.K. Kellogg Foundation is a major backer of multiple non-profit organizations.
- National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy: This organization helps promote all manner of philanthropy.
- Charity Watch: Helps individuals to decide which non-profits to donate to.
- Volunteer Match: Aims to connect non-profits with volunteers in their area.
- Points of Light: This organization has a list of volunteer centers around the United States.
While non-profit work can be very challenging, the availability of so many resources will make the jobs of nonprofit managers and workers easier.