Guide to International Fisheries Law
International fisheries laws differ from country to country. Some laws are stricter than others, while others lack the strength of protecting the waters to its potential. International fisheries can be plagued with corruption and port state issues. Many organizations come together to build better laws to protect those that live in the water and those who are surrounded by waters.
- Bycatch and Discard Impact: Impact of fish mortality on a global scale.
- United Nations Fish Stocks Agreement: International bycatch law for signatory states.
- European Community: Fishing catch certification requirements for Europe.
- International Convention for the Safety of Fishing Vessels: Vessel and port control certificate information.
Supply Chain Management
- Seafood Supply Chain Management: The World Conservation Union works on developing a system to avert illegal product in the marketplace.
- International Supply Chain Security: A strategic plan to improve international supply management.
- Pacific Island Corruption: The PROFISH Law Enforcement investigates lack of government stability in the corruption in Pacific Islands Fisheries.
- Corruption in Africa: A look into the corruption of Africa’s fisheries and attempt to reform government participation.
Flag State Issues
- Flag State Responsibility: Explores the effectiveness of international flag state laws.
- Flag State Responsibilities: A five-part guide of flag state responsibilities.
- Oceans and the Law of the Sea: Flag state issues examined to facilitate stronger resolutions.
- Treaties and International Law: Treaties covering international fisheries trade.
- International Trade: A fact sheet on the international fish trade production and profits.
- Goals and Activities: By laws of the International Institute of Fisheries Economics and Trade.
- International Fish Trade: A presentation on the global fish trading network, the major commodities trades, and the importance of earnings.
- Fishing Boat donations in the U.S.: … what you need to know.
- How to donate a boat, sailing vessel or yacht to receive the maximum legal tax deduction in the U.S.
- Satellite Tracking Technology: A method of tracking Atlantic Bluefin tuna.
- Tracking Pelagic Fish: Pressure sensor transmitter for small vessel tracking of pelagic vessel.
- Future Research: Saving the Oceans mission explores the advances of fish tracking, benefits, and disadvantages of their research.
- Marine Protected Areas: This international newsletter explores how acoustic tracking may change marine protected areas.